Strengthening the community through quality services to children and families…
Job Title: Fund Development Director
Unit/Service: Administration Development
Reports To: Chief Advancement Officer
Supervises: Development team members
Within the framework of the Agency’s mission, policies, procedures and resources, the Development Director provides management and oversight for donor relations, marketing, and strategic fundraising initiatives. This position cultivates a comprehensive fundraising effort engaging internal and external constituents and resources in translating the organization’s services into a compelling and marketable message. The Development Director connects with individuals, corporations and foundations to cultivate monetary and in-kind donations and brand awareness in the community and the media.
The position balances a creative approach, an engaging personal manner and a strategic focus to achieve consistent, measurable improvements in net dollars received each year.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or other related field. Masters Degree in related field and relevant professional affiliation memberships are preferred.
2. Demonstrated leadership abilities in managing team, developing, and achieving financial goals and collaborative work with the agency’s Board of Directors.
3. Five years work experience with evidence of progressively increased administrative responsibilities, preferably in a non-profit setting.
4. A minimum of five years of visionary experience in marketing, public relations and development required. Previous experience in managing employees and engaging with a donor portfolio is preferred. Strong written, interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills are required. Computer skills including word processing, database management and spreadsheet proficiency is required.
1. Directs the implementation of the strategic fund development plan with identified goals, objectives and strategies. Develops and updates, as required, the strategic fund development plan aligning with the strategic plan of the organization.
2. Planning, implementation, and evaluation of agency fundraising efforts including donor cultivation and grant writing efforts to secure grant funding for program specific needs from foundations.
3. Engages Board and staff members in the fund development process and leverages individual competencies and relationships to maximize the effectiveness of solicitations.
4. Manages and maintains a portfolio of donors/corporations and directs the development of donor/corporation recognition programs and ensures appropriate donor stewardship.
5. Management of agency fundraisers, partnership development, and coordination of several major agency events while ensuring the events are fiscally responsible in costs vs. revenue.
6. Proven marketing strategies to increase branding of Orchards Children’s Services. Leads efforts in preparation of agency brochures, posters, advertisements, press releases in conjunction with the overall goals of the fund development department. Relationship building outreach with local media outlets in radio, print, and television media outlets for promotion of agency’s mission and events.
7. Develops, maintains, and grows the agency planned giving legacy society. Engages with board and/or major donors to actively develop and maintain a gift plan.
8. Recruits, develops, and supervises development staff in order to move the agenda of the organization forward.
9. Maintains professional affiliations and enhanced professional growth and development by keeping abreast of the latest trends in child welfare policy and philanthropy developments.
10. Work collaboratively with all development staff & program staff in facilitating community public relations efforts and engaging volunteers in meeting the specific needs of the agency.
11. Work closely with the executive team and other members of the management team to foster a collaborative culture of philanthropy in all facets of the organization.
Send cover letter and resume to: LaToya Harvey via email at email@example.com
Staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
You must sign in to apply for this position.