To serve the hungry of Saint Clair County as long as there is a need.
As Executive Director of Mid City Nutrition Program (MCNP) this person is generally empowered to act on behalf of MCNP and the Board of Directors to carry out the specific duties outlined below, and other duties specified by the President of the Board of Directors that do not violate the law or the Policies of the Board of Directors.
1. Manage, oversee and supervise the staff, systems and procedures as governed by the Board of Directors Policy for the establishment and operations of the office
that specifically relate to information management, communication systems, office equipment and financial management fort MCNP.
2. Operate the office within the annual Board of Directors Approved Budget.
3. Provide the tools needed to efficiently operate this area of MCNP.
4. Establish, oversee and maintain all facilities in a safe and well-kept condition and provide a positive working environment.
1. Manage, oversee and supervise the staff, systems and procedures as governed by the Board of Directors Policy for the following operations of MCNP:
a. Public Relations, Grant Writing and Fundraising
b. Building Oversight
d. Commercial Kitchens
2. Assure that all of the operations of MCNP are carried out and are working toward the fulfillment of MCNP’s stated mission as established by the Board of Directors.
3. Oversee a system by which Board of Directors Policies are effectively communicated and implemented by the staff and committees in charge of each of the operations of MCNP.
4. On a yearly basis see that each area of operations:
a. creates goals for the following year,
b. develops a plan to reach those goals, reviews and reports monthly,
c. reviews Board of Directors Policies and provide feedback to the Board,
d. reviews all of their own procedures, forms, training materials and publicly distributed material.
5. Provide the Board of Directors with an annual review of each area of operations which includes the positive and negative effects of Board of Directors Policy governing each area from the staff and committees in charge. The report will also include a performance review of goals from the previous year and what the goals are for the next year for each of the areas of operations.
1. Hire, fire and evaluate all staff, both paid and volunteer, pertaining to the operations and administration of the affiliate.
2. Establish a Policy and Procedure Manual that is approved by the Board of Directors, review and update it annually.
3. Assure that the staff follows the Policy and Procedure Manual.
4. Develop job descriptions, compensation plans and funding sources for staff and seek Board of Directors approval.
5. Review and update the job descriptions of the staff on at least an annual – or as needed – basis.
6. Conduct performance reviews of staff on an annual basis and recommend compensation plan increases, as appropriate for each staff member, to the Board of Directors.
7. Work in partnership with the staff to create personal goals, committee goals (where appropriate) and workplans on an annual basis for each one’s area of responsibility.
Board of Directors
1. Attend the monthly Board and Executive Committee, other committee meetings and provide an unbiased report on the administration of the office and operations of MCNP.
2. Provide operational and administrative expertise to the Board.
3. Assist the Board in their development.
4. Assist the Board Committees in accomplishing their tasks.
1. Represent MCNP to the city, county, state and federal governments.
2. Support all government initiatives.
You must sign in to apply for this position.