To provide beds and furniture to children and families in need
The Furniture Bank of Southeastern Michigan is a growing Pontiac-based nonprofit with a compelling mission to provide beds and furniture to children and families in need. We’ve doubled the number of families we serve annually over a five-year span and are now looking to expand beyond the 2,000 families we helped in 2021. If you’re an articulate, motivated development professional who wants to learn more about this opportunity to grow with us, please send inquires and resumes to email@example.com.
The Furniture Bank strives to include the diversity of southeast Michigan in its staff, volunteers and board. The Furniture Bank, and all its employees, shall sustain and adhere to the principles of equal opportunity, in compliance with all pertinent federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and laws governing fair employment.
• Work with Executive Director, develop and execute a comprehensive annual fund development plan.
• Manages special events, including solicitation of sponsorships and auction items, and logistics.
• Administers online donor database (DonorPerfect) including routine information entry and gift processing, donor acknowledgment and data analysis. Maintains data integrity and works with leadership and accounting to ensure monetary contributions are booked accurately.
• Join/participate in community groups, organizations and committees to network and build relationships.
• Help with the expansion of the Furniture Bank’s current financial and furniture donor base, including corporations, government, faith-based organizations, and individuals.
• Help the Furniture Bank in its effort to expand services in Wayne County and Detroit.
• Manage and contribute to the organization’s social media and email marketing efforts on platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Constant Contact.
The ideal candidate will have…
· Strong people skills and the ability to work well within groups, as well as with people of all backgrounds.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience working within the Microsoft Office platform of applications.
· Experience with donor database software, preferably DonorPerfect.
· A Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of successful development or sales experience.
· A demonstrated capacity to develop and implement a creative social media plan across multiple platforms for organizations/businesses
· Strong project management skills and the ability to accomplish tasks without close. Supervision.
Salary and Benefits
· The budget salary range for this position starts at $60,000 and may be adjusted according to qualifications and experience.
· This position offers flexible and work-from-home scheduling.
· Paid vacation, holidays, and personal days.
· Health, dental and vision insurance.
Inquires and resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must sign in to apply for this position.