MPHI is a Michigan-based and nationally engaged, non-profit public health institute. We are a team of teams, process and content experts, dedicated to building A world where tomorrow is healthier than today!
Title: Nursing Facility Enrichment Contract Coordinator
$21.88 – $37.03 / Posted thru: 7-7-22
Location: Remote/Virtual/Hybrid – Must Be a Michigan Resident
In-Person Meetings Required – Lansing, MI Office
Purpose: Coordinate the Nursing Facility Enrichment Grant program and related grant opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the use of EGrAMS for proposal submission, contract execution and contract monitoring.
- Work with EGrAMS/Contracts unit to develop application and reporting documents.
- Review proposals and coordinate the review process with the reviewer panel.
- Facilitate amendments and other contract functions.
- Monitor overall spending and the grant fund.
- Provide support for applicants and grantees.
- Provide technical assistance on using EGrAMS.
- Monitor and approve financial and progress reports.
- Maintain the MDHHS webpage, including compliance with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) standards.
- Maintain CMP documentation and produce CMP reports.
- Produce the annual State Plan for CMS.
- Produce internal management reports, including an annual report on accomplishments.
- Respond to CMS audit requests.
- Coordinate outreach activities.
- Contribute to developing the outreach strategy.
- Identify and reach out to target audiences through presentations and various media.
- Monitor CMS and other states for best practices.
- Manage special projects and grant programs.
- Always represent the best interests of MDHHS and MPHI.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human services, public, policy, healthcare, or a related field.
Experience: A minimum of two years of relevant experience, preferably in contract management, grant management, nursing facility employment, or human services employment.
Important Skills and Characteristics:
- Analytical skills, including the ability to analyze performance in relation to standards.
- Computer skills, including the ability to learn new systems and use programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Customer service skills, including effective communication and problem-solving.
- Writing skills, including reports and contract documents.
- Public speaking skills, including preparing PowerPoint presentations.
- Teamwork skills.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: Job involves extensive computer use (60-80% of work time) and phone use, meetings on-site and in the Lansing region. Typically, this occurs in an office environment; however, due to the pandemic, this person will work from home until MDHHS determines employees will return to the office.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WORK OF OTHERS: No assigned responsibilities.
IMPACT ON PROJECTS, SERVICES AND OPERATIONS: The Nursing Facility Enrichment Grant program awards 10-15 grants per year with $6-8 million in funding. The grants are for 1-3 years. CMS also provides special grant opportunities. All of the grants have the purpose of improving the lives of nursing facility residents. Nursing facilities serve over 30,000 residents each year, which is a large part of the MDHHS long-term care system. The grants make a significant contribution to achieving the department’s mission. CMS oversees the grant program and approve all funding, so compliance with program policies and cooperation with CMS is essential.
Contact Person/Group Frequency Purpose
Quality Assurance Specialist Daily Coordinate grant activities
Administrative Support Daily Coordinate grant activities
MDHHS Contracts unit Daily Coordinate EGrAMS operations
MDHHS Accounting Weekly Coordinate financial operations
Grant applicants/grantees Daily Provide assistance
CMS Monthly Reporting, coordination
“For purposes of employment standards, this classification is “Non-Exempt” from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.”
MPHI works with you to promote health for everyone. Together, we will build a world where tomorrow is healthier than today!
MPHI is an EEO/AA employer that participates with e-verify.