The Food Bank Council of Michigan’s mission is to create a food secure state through advocacy, resource management, and collaboration among stakeholders and Michigan’s unified food bank network.
The Food Bank Council of Michigan (FBCM) – http://www.fbcmich.org, a prominent, 35+ year-old statewide non-profit organization, seeks a full-time Director of Communications and Fund Development to set and guide the strategy for all communications, website and public relations messages, and collateral for FBCM. Additionally, this position will lead a diverse fund development strategy that is targeted at several sources of income including philanthropic, government, corporate, and individual giving to support and attract resources to the organization. By joining the FBCM team, the Director of Communications and Fund Development will play an important role in the fight against hunger.
Under the direction of the President, the Director of Communications and Fund Development is responsible for:
· Oversee FBCM’s efforts to raise awareness of the issue of food insecurity in Michigan
· Build relationships with strategic state and community partners
· Attend state and community events to provide presentations to groups to increase FBCM’s visibility within the state
· Oversee the creation of high-quality content and production of printed and digital media such as website, social media and newsletters
· Maintain daily responsibility for all social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
· In collaboration with the executive team, assist with efforts to develop and implement a marketing/communications strategy that highlights FBCM’s work and promotes FBCM’s brand among internal and external audiences
· Oversee creation and distribution of regular enews and other eblasts
· Execute website updates
· Proactively and substantially contribute to overall digital media strategy
· Build relationships with media and other partners to increase the visibility of FBCM and generate solution-oriented awareness of food insecurity
· Manage contract photographers and videographers
· Provide strategic guidance, editing, writing and follow-up for competitive, high quality grant proposals and reports
· Develop, implement and improve internal systems and procedures for efficient grant writing, reporting, and management in collaboration with the executive team
· Build and steward relationships with individuals, government partners, community organizations and foundations
· Develop an individual donor strategy to increase unrestricted revenue
· Develop and implement strategies for engaging businesses and corporations in support of FBCM’s fundraising efforts
· Serve as project manager and creative thought partner for annual Michigan Harvest Gathering campaign, including but not limited to, managing sponsor outreach; organizing events; and coordinating award presentations
· Manage donor and funder prospecting
· Proactively and accurately document all funder and donor activity in shared documents folders and CRM
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with at least five year’s of previous communications, marketing or fund development experience. Candidates must possess excellent strategic thinking skills, be detail-oriented, utilize strong written and oral communication skills and add value as a contributing member of the leadership team. Cultural competency across racial and socioeconomic lines, as well as, demonstrated experience working with diverse groups of people is a must.
FBCM offers a hybrid work environment (remote + onsite commitments), competitive compensation and a full benefit package. To express your interest in this position, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
You must sign in to apply for this position.