The Detroit Public Schools Foundation’s (DPSF) mission is to create and enhance educational opportunities for Detroit Public Schools Community District’s (DPSCD) students, families and educators.
Position Summary: The Grants Accounting Specialist will assist the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and perform a variety of tasks including basic accounting, data entry, accounts payable management, and administrative duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide excellent service to internal and external customers
· Assist with maintaining financial & grantee records
· Record, update, and track grantee expenditures
· Provide accounting and clerical support to the CAO
· Prepare and maintain accurate accounting documents and records
· Enter account payables into the financial database
· Function in accordance with established standards, procedures, and GAAP applicable laws
· Manage and track program budgets
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· High school diploma and college-level accounting coursework. An Associate’s degree is preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal communications skills
· Technical knowledge (Microsoft 365, QuickBooks, web-based platforms, and database software)
· Highly organized and self-directed
· Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports (Proficient in Microsoft Excel)
· Accuracy and attention to detail
You must sign in to apply for this position.