Director of Development and Marketing
Reports to: Executive Director/CEO
Visionary and enthusiastic Director with a passion for education needed in Detroit.
· This position is responsible for meeting the individual and corporate annual goals.
· Capital campaign lead for a newly purchased building’s renovation, including marketing organizational move in conjunction with Executive Director/CEO.
· Seeking an innovative, dynamic leader who embraces the mission.
Why Consider This Opportunity:
· Excellent opportunity for a strategic visionary to develop and grow a Development/External Relations Department.
· Stable position with potential for significant growth in a financially secure organization. Ideal for candidate seeking long-term role to create a career defining success.
· Realistic and attainable goals.
· Dynamic organization that has demonstrated many years of continuous growth and is poised for an upward trajectory.
· Strong Board support.
· Excellent benefits, salary commensurate with experience, including full health-care, 401k, short and long-term disability, life insurance. Flexible, casual, but professional work environment.
Who We Are:
· For more than 175 years, St. Vincent and Sarah Fisher Center (SVSF) has provided support to the children and families of Southeastern Michigan.
· We provide educational programs, basic skill building and learning enhancement for at-risk children and adults, designed to build self-sufficiency skills for academic and employment success, personal achievement and dignity.
· SVSF is a rapidly growing organization with strong Board support and an investment fund that supports the Center’s mission.
· Finalist, 2021 Crain’s Best Managed Non-Profit
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Minimum of 7 – 10 years of experience and proven record of fundraising success with new donations
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
· Outstanding Work Ethic, Communication and Writing Skills
· Experience with RaisersEdge
· Self-starter who can visualize potential and has the initiative to pursue leads/contacts
· Personality to work with enthusiastic and dedicated team
· Able to work independently, with guidance from ED/CEO
· Solid Prospect research skills
· Donor Management/relationship and stewardship experience
· Knowledge/understanding of how to integrate Social Media and PR/Marketing
· Direct mail experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Suite
· Strong public speaking ability
· Capital campaign experience
· Knowledge of Metro Detroit donors a plus
Annual Operations Development
· Steward and solicit individual and corporate gifts, employee giving, matching gifts, sponsorships, in-kind, etc., in coordination with Grant/Contract Manager
· Responsible for all aspects of the Center’s development activities, including gift acknowledgements, database management (Raiser’s Edge), maintain donor files and create/provide reports as required by ED/CEO
· Work with ED/CEO, as well as outsourced social media/PR to upgrade marketing of the Center.
· Identify and build relationships with potential donors, including providing tax or estate planning information as appropriate and performing necessary research.
· In conjunction with ED/CEO, manage annual friend/fundraising event, including recruitment of sponsors and participants
· Develop donor recognition levels/program (in coordination with Capital Campaign)
· Facilitate and manage all holiday/year-end giving (in-kind, cash, activities, etc.) in coordination with Grant Manager and other staff.
Capital Campaign: Be part of the Executive Team to:
· Create and facilitate a comprehensive Capital Campaign (two phases, multi-year), including solicitation strategy and donor giving levels (in coordination with annual operating levels), as well as naming opportunities.
· Create and manage a Development Committee toward effort of implementing Capital Campaign strategy.
· Work with ED/CEO to develop and implement Marketing plan in support of Capital Campaign and overall brand awareness, including development of all materials, brand video and website page in support of this campaign and managing vendors.
· Plan and execute campaign related events, including September, 2022 Ribbon Cutting, community development and other support events
· Stay current with trends, available software, new regulations, participating in educational opportunities.
· Ensure that the Center is practicing all appropriate philanthropy procedures in compliance with best practices and industry standards.
· Actively advocates for the Center and its mission and represents the Center at events, meetings, PR opportunities, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates must submit cover letter (including salary range requirements) and resume to email@example.com. Only complete submissions will be considered.
You must sign in to apply for this position.