Daudlin Search is an award winning executive search consulting firm that works with Nonprofit, Education and Healthcare organizations across the United States to source top executive talent.
The Development Manager is responsible for leading strategies to prospect, cultivate and manage donations through the annual giving program and provide direction and support for additional fundraising and communication efforts within the Development department. The Development Manager will manage various sub-committees who serve to provide resources for fundraising opportunities and work experience programs for the young men of LHSD.
As a leader within the institution, the Development Manager will be involved with the overall function and operations of the Development department. The position will work closely with the Director of Development and School President on maintaining a coordinated fundraising program and building a culture that promotes growth and opportunities for engagement for individual and corporate giving.
- Provide leadership for a coordinated approach to build and maintain a robust annual giving program
- Work to identify pools of prospective new donors of the school who have potential linkage, interest and ability to support our mission
- In partnership with the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Events Coordinator, develop appropriate communication and engagement plans to help cultivate and foster these supporters into the Loyola Community
- Interface with the Events Coordinator and offer strategic direction to maximize the fundraising capability of existing and new special events through sponsorships and event attendees
- Along with the Marketing and Development staff, the Development Manager will contribute to the school’s communication channels and publications such as The Landmark
- Coordinate with the Donor Relations Coordinator on reports provided through the fundraising management software
- Demonstrate familiarity with the established gift acknowledgement process and donor recognition component
- Under the guidance of the Director of Development, School President, Development Committee and Board of Directors, the Development Manager will steward current, active donors by providing outstanding service, while identifying opportunities for renewals and upgrades for annual gifts as appropriate
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to outline fundraising goals to meet the annual
- Development department revenue target of $1.9 million. The Development team will collaborate and align their activity to meet or exceed these goals on a monthly, quarterly and/or annual basis
- Follow the guidelines and routines of the Development department designed to ensure consistent communication regarding contacts with donors, call reports, stewardship activities and status on various fundraising projects
- Work with the school leadership team in the recognition and prioritization of institutional and departmental funding needs; keep well-informed of institutional and priorities and events
- Upon request, assist the Director of Development in providing status updates and creating reports for members of School Administration, Development Committee and Board of Directors to track productivity, current and upcoming projects
- A communication approach that reflects an energetic professional style with a proven track record of building relationships and engaging a strong donor base
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail with the ability to successfully multitask
- The ability to build, engage and manage committees who are aligned to support the institutional mission and assist with meeting the financial goals
- Experience with developing and presenting material in an articulate and compelling manner
- Ability to work and thrive within a highly collaborative team culture with low functional work silos and shared resources
- Ability to engage and grow the outreach of Alumni
- Interpersonal skills that lead to effectively communicating with board and committee members along with members of the development team and school administration
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience and familiarity with donor software
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality of constituent information
- High enthusiasm for the mission of Loyola High School
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate of choice will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications or other applicable field required.
- Supervisory / leadership experience with small teams or committees
- Possess a working knowledge of how to build and expand a donor base through a variety of strategies that are crafted for various constituencies
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a nonprofit organization(s) or in a closely related field
- Excellent research, organizational and communications skills with demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Customer relationship experience via sales or marketing roles a plus but not required
You must sign in to apply for this position.