The mission of Southwest Solutions is to enhance the quality of life, success and self-sufficiency of individuals and families in Detroit.
Position is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises staff accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance
CPA or Masters’ degree is preferred
- Five years of recent supervisory level experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team to successfully meet departmental objectives
- Proficient in use the use of all MS Office applications, including Dynamics GP accounting, Office 365 and familiarity with other web-based solutions
- Experience in accounting for nonprofit preferred
$75,000 – $80,000 (Full-time, Non-Union)
Full benefits package available, including: Medical/Dental/Vision Plans, Paid Time Off, 11 Paid Holidays, 403B employer matching, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Life & Accidental Death Insurance, and Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness Insurance.
Southwest Solutions is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status
To apply for this job please visit www.swsol.org.