Our mission is to help homeless and high-risk girls and young women avoid violence, teen pregnancy and exploitation, and help them to explore and access the support, resources and opportunities necessary to be safe, to grow strong and to make positive choices in their lives.
Alternatives For Girls
Job Title: Fund Development Manager
Department: Fund Development
Pay Status: Salaried
Reports to: Director, Fund Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Fund Development Manager supports AFG’s Mission by working closely with the Director of Development on all aspects of fundraising and community outreach. The ideal candidate is a strong relationship builder, goal oriented, collaborative, and professional who seeks to advance the department’s shared priorities and goals. This position will work with the CDO and Director of Development to help expand the culture of philanthropy, deepen the community’s relationship with AFG, and support all efforts to raise philanthropic dollars for the organization. More specifically, the position will be the lead on all AFG fundraising events, as well as work closely with other development staff to build the annual fund, increase donor retention, and support the growth of a major gift program.
· Lead all AFG fundraising events, engaging other Development staff in the planning and execution as needed; serve as the main AFG contact for third-party fundraising opportunities and engagement. Lead for AFG’s Role Model Celebration, the largest fundraising event, with a goal of $450,000 for 2023.
· Work with CDO and Director of Development to assist in recruitment of and engagement of volunteers and volunteer committees to help with event fundraising, using their connections to bring in new audiences and potential donors to AFG.
· Serve as lead contact with community/service organizations/churches/businesses who want to give in-kind or cash to support AFG. Manage a portfolio of 50 such organizations. Maintain good communication with program directors to stay up-to-date on programmatic donation needs.
· Work closely with CDO, Director of Development, and Marketing and Communications Manager to develop and implement strong cultivation and stewardship strategies for major and planned giving donors for achieving annual philanthropy revenue targets.
· Work closely with the CDO, Director of Development, and Marketing and Communications Manager to develop strategies, annual goals, and expense budget for events and marketing.
· Actively engages in the community and serves as a public speaker on behalf of AFG as requested serving as a subject matter expert and resource to others on issues related to AFG’s programs and services.
· Support fundraising by performing other duties as assigned.
· A level of intellect, judgment and professionalism that garners the trust and confidence of others.
· Effective and motivating interpersonal skills, including the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships.
· Strong project planning, time management and self-management skills.
· Strong communication verbal and written communication skills.
· Effective and engaging public speaking and presentation skills.
· A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred.
· Requires at least 3 years of experience working in a non-profit.
· Demonstrated success in organizing and effectively utilizing volunteer is a plus.
· Experience using common software programs such as Donor Perfect, donor records systems, Internet research tools, and social media applications.
To apply for this job please visit alternativesforgirls.org.