The mission of the Automotive Hall of Fame is to honor and celebrate the accomplishments of individuals in the international motor vehicle industry through awards and educational programs that challenge young and old alike to higher levels of personal achievement.
The Alumni Relations Manager is a full-time, permanent position. This role will be an important member of the development/alumni team building and stewarding a portfolio of managed relationships.
The Alumni Relations Manager will know or learn awardees’ history and the background of those family members carrying the family heritage forward. This position serves as the main point of contact and strategic lead for historic living alumni, family members that hold their legacy, and each year’s new class of awardees and their [corporate] support team members.
This position will work through the full stewardship cycle that can include researching and initiating new connections, creating multiple touchpoints in relationship building, identifying and submitting to updating, reporting, and keeping the alumni engaged with the Automotive Hall of Fame.
We are seeking a strong, highly organized, detail-oriented, analytical thinker who is also a self-starter. Reporting to Director of Development & Alumni Relations.
- Steward and document the relationship with each class of new awardees to assure each experiences an “award experience” of a lifetime. This includes acting as the primary point of contact for specific awardees and working with AHF team to follow a communication plan and deliver several key components for the Awards Ceremony and AHF archive/programs.
- Run the Celebrated Alumni (past Awardees celebrating an anniversary) campaign, inviting those historic awardees/family members to the ceremony, featuring their stories throughout the year (w/marketing team), ceremony recognition and all follow up activities.
- Assist the President and Director of Development track their portfolios including;
- with meetings, photo collections etc. and contact entry as needed.
- Manage and/or participate in Alumni meetings, including 2-3 annual regional events, i.e., Florida, Atlanta, and Chicago.
- Help schedule meetings.
- Manage a dedicated portfolio of Alumni relationships on behalf of the Hall, which may include awardees and alumni listed above.
- Call or email to check in with those in your portfolio.
- Assure all board leads associated with an alum in your assigned portfolio is kept up to date on all activities.
- Acquire relevant photos and/or archival assets related to Alumni in partnership with Archive and Collections team members.
- Document alumni interactions in the Donor Perfect database.
- Assure new addresses, assistants, and other biographical data are entered or updated in Donor Perfect. Ensure the quality and veracity of collected data, researching changes as needed.
- Keep alumni advised when they or their family member will be featured.
- Play an active role in major gift solicitation process.
- Participate in year-end annual fund solicitation and follow up calls.
- In addition, they will provide leadership for regional trip planning, one-one meeting coordination/requests on site or virtually, tours of AHF, invitations to special programs, and all Awards Ceremony awardee and alumni invitations and coordination.
- Attend marketing meetings and to feed ideas for Alumni posts, focusing each year on Celebrated Alumni and the newest awardees.
- Prepare alumni content for annual report.
- Development and/or review alumni proposals.
- Develop and maintain a stewardship tracker to be used by all alumni managers.
- Work with marketing to prepare annual Holiday/New Year’s cards for all portfolio managers.
- Deliver weekly update reports to President’s office, a quick summary at each weekly staff meeting, and a high-level monthly overview for board meetings.
Adhere to the highest levels of privacy management to protect Alumni personal data.
Support other team members as needed.
Preferred Training and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree and an interest in automotive history. An associate degree in a relevant field with several years’ experience will be considered.
- 2+ years’ relevant experience is desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and experience using Donor Perfect or other donor database(s) preferred.
- Must demonstrate a professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via email or through letters.
- Must be highly organized, pay close attention to detail, and have strong written and people skills.
- There is the expectation to have the ability to work flexible hours, including occasional nights and weekends, and be able to display command of the Automotive Hall of Fame’s mission, work, and strategic plan in a brief time.
Term: Full-time, salaried
Salary: $40,000 – $50,000
Benefits: Vacation with additional paid time off package and paid holidays observed by the Automotive Hall of Fame. Health benefits available.
Conditions: In-person position, virtual flexibility available. Will require some travel and events on nights and weekends.
Automotive Hall of Fame is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Automotive Hall of Fame are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit apparatussolutions.applytojob.com.