MPHI is a Michigan-based and nationally engaged, non-profit public health institute. We are a team of teams, process and content experts, dedicated to building A world where tomorrow is healthier than today!
Title: Business Analyst – CSE
$21.63 – $27.88 / Posted thru: 6-30-22
Location: Okemos, MI – Some Flexibility for Remote Working
Purpose: The individual in this role will carry out day to day operational aspects of the project, which will include conducting investigations into ‘as is’ state of MDHHS IT systems involved in public healthcare, collecting and documenting inputs from varied sources, and documenting findings and recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze system interfaces, data maps, and processes to document existing configurations and enable gap analysis.
- Create and maintain documentation for use by internal team members and external stakeholders.
- Create meaningful interpretations and presentations in the form of summaries, reports, graphs, charts, and other documents.
- Work with project team members and other stakeholders to ensure that deliverables are high quality and meet project needs and objectives.
- Facilitate meetings and work sessions.
- Assist in project scope management.
- Maintain positive, strong, and credible professional and interpersonal relationships with all parties and represent the best interests of MPHI at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree is required. A degree in information technology, business, public health, public policy, business administration, informatics, or another analysis-oriented field is preferred.
Experience: At least four (4) years of work experience in one or more of the following fields is required: business analysis, process documentation, information technology, system design, health information technology, or health information exchange.
Important Skills and Characteristics:
- Analytical thinking, problem solving, and creative thinking.
- Ability to process large volumes of new information quickly and apply knowledge.
- Highly organized and disciplined.
- Ability to work within scheduled plans and keep team members informed of status.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and facilitate solutions in a team environment.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and workgroups.
- Proficiency in business process mapping techniques and tools or the demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in presentation software (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint) or the demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Proficiency with diagramming software (e.g., Microsoft Visio) or the demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Exposure to Microsoft SharePoint or the demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: MPHI is a standard office environment. Position is based in Okemos with flexibility for remote working. Will require viewing a CRT or VDT screen up to 75% of the time. May require a valid vehicle operator’s license.
Responsibility for the Work of Others: No assigned responsibility.
Impact on Projects, Services, and Operations: This position has extended direct contact with customers. They function as subject matter experts and/or are responsible for the delivery of clear and useful deliverables. The quality of the work and the professionalism exhibited by the business analyst directly affects the reputation and perceived value of MPHI’s services.
Contact Person/Group Frequency Purpose
Supervisor Daily to weekly Status/direction
Project Teams Daily to weekly Coordination
Clients Daily to Weekly Coordination
“For purposes of employment standards, this classification is ‘Non-Exempt’ from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.”
MPHI works with you to promote health for everyone. Together, we will build a world where tomorrow is healthier than today!
MPHI is an EEO/AA employer that participates with e-verify.