The Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation enriches the quality of life in our region through its knowledgeable leadership, engaged grantmaking, and creative partnerships with donors to make philanthropic investments and build endowment.
The Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation (AAACF) is a $220 million dollar community foundation focused on enriching the quality of life in Washtenaw County. Our assets have doubled since 2015 and now AAACF is one of the 20 fastest-growing community foundations in the US. Founded in 1963, AAACF administers over 600 charitable funds. Through a core team of 17 Trustees, 14 employees, and 400+ volunteers, AAACF works to connect people, charitable causes, and permanent capital for community impact. To learn more, visit www.aaacf.org.
The Administrative Assistant is a mid-level part-time role that will be part of a three-person “administrative services” team within the foundation that enables the other staff teams to achieve their goals. This position serves as the front-line point person for the foundation’s daily administrative tasks. This position also serves as a key ambassador for the Community Foundation, often acting as the first point of contact for community members who visit or call our offices.
The Administrative Assistant’s duties will be performed at the direction of, and in partnership with, the Office Operations Manager and provide ongoing support to the other functional teams within AAACF: Finance, Community Investment, Development, and CEO/Board Governance.
20hrs per week negotiable schedule with the option to increase hours during busy times or to cover leave.
· Provides outstanding front desk customer service to all AAACF constituents, callers, visitors, donors, grantees, applicants, partners, vendors, volunteers, coworkers and the general public on behalf of the foundation.
· Provide general administrative support to all departments.
· Provide calendar support to three Vice Presidents
· Provide scheduling support to all departments
· Setting up virtual meetings using MS Teams/Zoom
· Performs data entry
· Ordering supplies
· Processing incoming and outgoing mail
· Helps coordinate staff celebrations/lunches as needed
· Filing and archiving support
· Performs other administrative tasks as needed
Events / Communications
· Handles materials production (e.g., folders, handouts, etc.)
· Provides set up/take down logistics support for in-person hosted events
· Ordering food
· Assists with AAACF mailings as needed
· Supports the Office Operations Manager’s governance activities as requested
· Minute-taking / support for all committee meetings (except Board/Trustees)
· Monitoring conflict of interest forms
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Administrative Assistant, and it is expected that this position will handle other related activities as needed to achieve a robust administrative function within the foundation.
Experience and Education
A high school diploma or GED is required. An associate degree or relevant work experience is preferred.
3 years mid-level administrative experience.
Desired Skills and Personal Qualities
· Takes pride in excellent customer service
· Projects a positive and professional demeanor
· Pays attention to detail and has very strong organizational skills
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Solid office software skills (MS Teams, MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Experience with web-based productivity tools (Outlook)
· Respects confidential and sensitive data
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and tasks simultaneously
· Enjoys and thrives in a fast-paced environment
· Has a proactive, problem-solving mindset
· Maintains a sense of humor and the ability to effectively navigate potentially stressful situations
· Believes in AAACF’s mission
hybrid working environment
health, dental and vision insurance
403(b) plan with contribution matching
eight weeks of paid family or medical leave
short and long-term disability insurance
flexible and childcare savings accounts
paid time off and much more
The salary range is $25,000 – $30,000 depending on a candidate’s experience and relevant expertise.
To Apply for This Position
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should be addressed to Dorcas Patterson, Office Operations Manager. You may also direct questions about this posting to email@example.com (no phone calls, please). Applications will be accepted through 9/30/2022.
AAACF is an equal opportunity employer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.