We launched Fair Food Network in 2009 with an entrepreneurial spirit and an unwavering commitment to our mission: to grow community health and wealth through food. A decade in, our work is connecting people to the power of food to improve health, ignite local economies, and open opportunities for all. Together with our partners, we are pioneering and proving innovations that can be owned locally and scaled nationally, growing a future where everyone can harness the full potential of food to transform their communities for good.
About the Role
The Director of Double Up Food Bucks Michigan will be responsible for the oversight and management of the Double Up Food Bucks team and the implementation of the program statewide. The Director of Double Up Food Bucks reports to the Chief Strategy & Program Officer, Holly Parker. We are seeking an individual with a proven track record of the following qualifications and characteristics:
· Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills demonstrated leadership in building a collaborative and positive team culture
· Commitment to FFN’s vision and mission and ability to develop and implement program strategies in alignment with organizational goals
· Understanding of program evaluation goals and methods and ability to work closely with evaluators to measure the impact of programs
· Commitment to equity and demonstrated ability to hire, manage, and actively promote a diverse work environment
· Strong communication skills, including contributing to extensive reporting and proposal narratives and providing timely and accurate written responses to emails, teams messages, and other internal and external requests
· Program Management skills, including the demonstrated ability to:
· Develop and deploy work plans to meet program goals and objectives
· Create and monitor budgets and adjust programming as needed
· Oversee and ensure timely, accurate data and reporting in Salesforce, Excel, and Smartsheet
· Manage and monitor evaluation processes and data gathering
· Partnership management skills, including the demonstrated ability to:
· Identify and articulate what is needed with/from community partnerships (including community-based agencies, the state of Michigan, SpartanNash, etc.)
· Negotiate, monitor, and manage contracts effectively with partners (Michigan Farmers Market Association, Taste the Local Difference, event planners, evaluators, etc.) and effectively manage their work and outcomes
· People Management skills, including the demonstrated ability to:
· Handle complex relationships and manage conflict
· Effectively envision, articulate, and prioritize the work of each team member
· Identify and provide regular positive and critical feedback, including developing and delivering effective performance evaluations and performance improvement plans
· Leadership Ability
· Help develop and implement both short- and long-term visions for the impact of Double Up in Michigan
· Create, implement, and evaluate progress toward strategic program goals – as well as identify when and what adjustments are needed along the way
· Monitor many implementation details, flag when problems are arising, and identify/co-create suggestions or solutions for improvement
· Adhere to and enforce deadlines internally and externally, with minimal direction
· Develop and deliver effective and accurate presentations, reports, and proposals
· Organize and oversee multiple projects moving simultaneously
· Can comfortably and reasonably communicate about and enforce policies (program requirements, organizational policies, etc.) when needed with co-workers, participants, sites, volunteers, consultants, etc.
· Manage the Double Up Food Bucks program, including achieving overarching program goals and identifying and addressing challenges or opportunities.
· Work closely with Chief Strategy & Program Officer to set goals and develop the strategic direction and vision for the program.
· Develop, maintain and manage external partnerships effectively, keeping an array of partners engaged in the program.
· Manage a team by providing guidance on goals, performance feedback, and ensuring a positive team environment that emphasizes collaboration and professionalism.
· Oversee the daily operations of the Double Up Food Bucks programs, including meeting objectives and goals, ensuring accurate and timely reporting is completed and identifying and addressing implementation challenges.
· Ensure the program tracks progress towards goals and reliably reports on activities and outcomes as required by federal reporting requirements, funders, and internal needs.
· Leverage the substantial breadth and depth of program data collected and housed by FFN to identify key trends, opportunities, and outcomes. Oversee and ensure the robust evaluation of the Double Up Food Bucks program, including working closely with third-party evaluators and researchers.
· Using our data and the findings from evaluators and other researchers, as well as qualitative experiences and testimonials from the field, help to capture key outcomes and tell the story of Double Up Food Bucks in Michigan.
To apply for this job please visit fairfoodnetwork.org.