Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum and Leslie Science & Nature Center create moments of discovery that inspire curiosity, exploration and respect for STEM and the natural world.
For over 35 years the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum (AAHOM) and the Leslie Science & Nature Center (LSNC), have been creating moments of discovery that inspire curiosity, exploration and respect for STEM and the natural world. With more than 250 interactive science and technology exhibits, children of all ages have the opportunity to create and participate in hands-on adventures. AAHOM & LSNC operate as one 501(3)(c).
More information can be found at www.aahom.org and www.lesliesnc.org.
AAHOM & LSNC has an exceptional opportunity for a Finance Leader to become an integral member of their leadership team. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and be responsible for the financial affairs of the organization according to generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Provide financial reports and information for both daily and long range decision making to the CEO, COO, Finance Committee of the Board of Directors, and various funding sources
- Perform daily accounting tasks including journal entries and maintenance, monitoring and forecasting cash balances, deposits, A/P, A/R
- Maintain retirement fund
- Set up and maintain structures, practices, and procedures for all business activity
- Manage the accounting system/books and train staff in use and compliance
- Collaborate to develop and monitor the organization’s annual budget (fiscal year begins October 1)
- Work to assure budget compliance, preparing cash flow statements and financial analysis and forecasts; addresses shortfalls and expenses overages and unanticipated needs
- Ensure the organization is in compliance with current not-for-profit accounting standards
- Prepare all applicable tax and information returns to be filed with the state and federal governments
- Plan and oversee the annual audit and see to the preparation of all materials to support completion of the audit in a timely manner; addresses any management comments resulting from the audit
- Provide fund development support
- Keep financial software up-to-date and running including QuickBooks Premier and Point-of-Sale system
- Provide support to operations through verifying and recording daily sales transactions and managing the merchant account systems for taking credit card payments
- College Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA certification is a plus
- 5-10 years progressively responsible experience in small business accounting required; prior nonprofit multi-fund accounting experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while also collaborating and providing support to a variety of stakeholders
- Experience in financial statement preparation, fund management, accounts payable/receivable, inventory management, payroll and tax return preparation/review
- Ability to analyze financial data in order to make recommendations and projections
- Expertise in accounting and point-of-sale systems; QuickBooks experience highly preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with groups and individuals in order to achieve organizational goals and objectives
To apply for this job please visit karenandrewsgroup.applicantpool.com.