Our Mission: The DIA creates experiences that help each visitor find personal meaning in art, individually and with each other.
JOB TITLE: Senior Major Gift Officer
REPORTS TO: Director, Development
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Non-Exempt
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY: Full Remote (80%)
Under the guidance of the Director, Development, the Senior Major Gift Officer is responsible for working independently and as part of a team on the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts from individuals and corporations for campaigns, and annual leadership gifts, including exhibitions, programs, signature events, etc.
- Meet or exceed the fundraising goal of $2,000,000 in commitments each fiscal year through qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a portfolio of 100-125 donors.
- Develop and executes strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for a major donor or group of major donors that align with the museum and department priorities.
- Prepare all special correspondence for the portfolio of donors managed by this position.
- Knowledge of planned giving vehicles and incorporates planned giving discussions in solicitation strategies for assigned donors.
- Complete planned contacts with current donors and prospects to sustain and nurture relationships.
- Assist with the maintenance of the moves management module of Raiser’s Edge through the input of contact, strategy, and proposal data for the assigned portfolio of donors.
- Facilitate training and solicitation activity for the Board of Directors and volunteers.
- Assists the Director of Development in advancing the work of the major gifts team.
- Serve as Development Liaison to museum auxiliaries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Eight (8) years experience in Development or Fundraising, including a proven track record in qualifying and soliciting high five and six-figure gifts. Additional years of experience may be substituted for the educational requirement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated experience soliciting and securing high five and six-figure gifts.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and meaningful relationships and motivate people to make gifts in support of a specific campaign or program
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team orientation.
- Demonstrated history of relating and building meaningful relationships within a diverse population of current, potential donors, board members, and volunteers.
- Sensitivity to donor relations management.
- Evidence of working successfully with sophisticated volunteers and committees.
- Have a keen ability to sense a donor’s mindset and level of comfort when discussing a potential gift.
- Demonstrated ability to project a polished and professional appearance and use appropriate manners and etiquette as called for in business and social setting
- Ability to work occasional weekend and evening hours for events.
- Must be proficient in the latest version of Office 365.
- Must have proficiency in using remote work technology such as scheduling with, connecting to, and using digital collaboration platforms such as Microsoft Teams.
- Must be able to establish and maintain professional, productive, and courteous interactions that promote positive teamwork. This encompasses going beyond giving and receiving instructions and includes but is not limited to (a) performing work activities requiring interacting or speaking with others; and (b) responding appropriately to constructive feedback or suggestions for improvement from a supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon receiving notice, reasonable accommodations may be made, if possible, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange accurate information using various methods, including in-person, virtual, telephone, and email.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.